Craft your story

Dabble Community

2 issues - one tablet, one android

I hope this is the place for these. These aren’t huge things but I hope someone can help.

1. on my tablet (a new ipad pro) when I’m typing and have it set to not fade, fade mode still activates. I do a lot of things that require I keep on top of my word count so its inconvenient not to be able to see it.

2. on mobile app on my android phone, when I double tap spacebar to add a period, it deletes the letter of the word before it. Like what I want to be “history.” will become “histor.”

2 Likes

Hi Ivy, best to tag @Jacob in such posts as only the developer can help you with these. Even better to address support (“Chat with support”) through the app. This is often the fastest way to get Jacob’s attention.

2 Likes

Thanks @Chris

1 Like

@Jacob Sorry, didn’t think to tag you originally.

1 Like

I can confirm that on my 2018 iPad Pro running the latest iPadOS and Dabble v2.0.45 that neither of the problems manifest. Ditto for my wife’s 2020 iPad Pro.

Out of curiosity, I did not know that hitting the space bar twice at the end of a word would drop a period and a space. How on earth did you learn that clever trick?

1 Like

Hm. I wonder what I’m doing wrong then. Because they are both happening to me, I just tested out the double space on my Samsung j7 star and the last letter disappears. The fade on my tablet is happening still but that’s probably my fault and I will try again.

@Johannes_Rexx Re: double space, I think I learned from someone else! :joy: I’ve known for so long and have such a bad memory that there really is no telling.

1 Like

It looks like hitting Space twice at the end of a word creates a period and a space in the Notes app as well. And the iMessage app. That suggests the feature is present in any dialog where you enter text. It’s system-wide then. And it is!

Preferences→General→Keyboards→ “.” Shortcut is on by default on my iPhone.

But look at all those other options like autocorrection, predictive, slide to type - One has to wonder if the double space trick is being interfered with by one of these other options. Here’s an area you might want to explore further because it looks like it just might be peculiar to your settings? Try disabling each option in turn to see if it helps.

Obviously disabling the “.” shortcut will prevent the problem but then you lose the feature, so it’s not really a solution.

From my perch it does not look like a bug in Dabble because I can’t reproduce it (yet) on either my iPhone or iPad.

1 Like

I’ve had some issues lately on my phone (in all apps) with the last letter being deleted. It came after the latest update (where it also seemed to completely delete “my” dictionary). It’s something you have to fool around with like suggested by other users

1 Like

The fade preference was broken but has been fixed for a week. Make sure you are on the latest version (2.0.40+). The deleting character likely has to do with the feature which prevents double-spaces from sneaking into the text when you write. That may require some extra testing/fixing to solve.

2 Likes