A way to add words written outside of novel to count towards goals?

Hey all, I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to change the settings to allow words written outside the main novel to count towards goals that have been set? I know that they count towards the end goal, but even if I’ve written 10,000 words in a day in my plot grid or character sheets it’ll still say that I’ve written 0 words that day because I didn’t write anything in the actual novel.
Is there a way I can change this? Tackling my novel has been anxiety inducing and difficult, and I’m trying to reward myself for the little things I do like building up my plot and finishing my world-building and character profiles. So its really discouraging when I look at all my progess for the day and still see the mocking “0 words written” staring at me XD

Anyways, I hope you all have a great week and happy writing!!

2 Likes

Change the goal from Book to Project

However I am not sure if it counts in plot cards. I’d have to do some testings to verify. But I know that notes definitely count I’ve used it before. And I know multiiple books count as well

In the goal gear settings option in the “Choose a word count source” drop down choose project.

2 Likes

Thank you!!
This is exactky what I was looking for :slight_smile:

1 Like

And I had no idea this feature existed.
It took me a few minutes to find this setting too.
Good to know! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Learn something new every day. Someone always shows me things I’ve missed lol.

I didn’t know I could move scenes I didn’t want into notes until a few weeks ago.

1 Like

What seems to happen is that we get comfortable using a subset of the features of our writing tool and stay in that comfort zone, never venturing to explore other features. It’s like being in a rut and not knowing it.

2 Likes

AJ I dont see where to change goal from book to project to have the notes add the word count.
I went to the dabble gear and it has Project Settings but nothing as you described, I did not see a drop down.
Do you mean go to the nanowrimo settings?
Thanks for your help! Rebecca

On the goals pane there is a gear for just goals.

Mobile screen shots.

Oh wow!! Thank you so much AJ that worked! I really appreciate your help!

1 Like

No problem