Anyone else having trouble typing around the grammar corrections?

Okay, so a weird one. Just lately I’ve noticed as I’m going through editing, whenever I need to type next to a word that is underlined by ProWriting Aid, the cursor jumps either to the beginning of the line or the end of it. Sometimes it jumps to the end of the paragraph. Even if I hit backspace, the cursor jumps. It’s impossible to work with.

Troubleshooting I’ve tried: clearing my cache (in chrome), using the desktop app (still does it in there), tried Edge (yep, does it there too), even tried another computer. Still does it.

Has anyone else had this happen?

1 Like

Does it do it in all scenes? Or just one scene. I’ve had some weird bugs that happen in a scene but it’s not reproduceable in another scene doing the same thing.

It might be something you want to contact support about and maybe @jacob help you figure it out. I just tested it on my current wip and I’m not having cursor jump issues on my desktop. But since you say it’s happening on different computers I think it’s more related to what’s going on specifically in that scene. Contact support and tell them what project, book, chapter and scene you see the problem in (if it’s all try a different project see if it’s happening everywhere)

2 Likes

Thanks AJ, I’ll do that.

1 Like

And yes it does it in all scenes and in all projects. I’ve tried it on three different computers now, and I can reproduce it in all.

1 Like

Hopefully, Jacob can help you in the support chat.

1 Like

He’s on it now. Turns out it’s a problem with the Beta version, which is what I’ve been using. I can just switch to the main app version until it’s sorted.

1 Like

He did just make a change with all that so it’s good you found it :slight_smile:

1 Like