April 2020 Camp NaNoWriMo?

Hi all! Having completely failed to do the main NaNoWriMo event last year (and previous years) I have just signed up for Camp for next month - with a 15,000 word goal. Who else is participating?

4 Likes

We have a whole thread dedicated to Camp :slight_smile: We have a ‘cabin’ set up

@chris or I can add you to the group if you let us know your nanowrimo handle

Here is the main thread:
https://forums.dabblewriter.com/t/camp-nanowrimo

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Indeed, we are excited for Camp, the 2nd time we’ll have a Dabbler Cabin.

While I try to figure out how to make an interactive online course (university closed), while coping with the additional shopping and cooking (cafeterias closed), I should probably make that my Camp goal :roll_eyes: (no teaching, no exams, I actually have a lot of additional time right now).

4 Likes

I definitely will be! I’ve got a couple different projects in the works (one that needs some pretty serious reworking due to current events), so I’m looking forward to Camp NaNo. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me! Although I’m trying to learn my way around all the changes on the NaNo sites and I’m not feeling super impressed so far. Still buggy and weird after all this time – at least for me :-{

2 Likes

For me, too, I get thrown out a lot and have to log in almost every time I change to another part of the site.

1 Like

Does anyone know if they’ve got integration with the NaNo site for April camp?

2 Likes

What type of integration?
The new NaNo site (since last November) is the hub for all NaNo events now, including Camps.

If you mean Dabble, then no, for now it supports automatic word count upload with the main event in November, however, that is on the end of the organizers of NaNo, Dabble has this feature and is ready to go also for Camp.

2 Likes

I definitely meant the nano/dabble word count integration. I didn’t know there was another integration?
I didn’t see the word count integration available on dabble like it was for November so I wasn’t sure if it was available for April camp.

1 Like

Not yet. Jacob mentioned maybe it’ll be ready for July but it’s not ready for April

2 Likes

Yes, the updated NaNoWriMo website now lets camp accept word counts from other apps like Dabble, but all my effort has been going into the big release for next week, so I haven’t been able to go back to the “old code” to turn it on. The new release will have it. Or shortly after.

You’ll get to use it for, you know, the last week of April’s Camp. :grimacing: Sorry!

1 Like

So has anyone won camp yet?
I won last week with a little over 50K words.

2 Likes

Awesome.

1 Like

I got 40k which is 10k over my original goal but 15k over what I was aiming for when I trashed my story and had to start from scratch

2 Likes

My starting goal was 50K but halfway through I switched to 30K cause I thought I was gonna finish before I hit the 50k but then I did a read through and noticed so many plot holes that had to get fixed which ended up bringing me up to 50K :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes