Auto formatting disappeared for me, does anyone know how to turn it back?

Hello, auto formatting disappeared, and now I have straight quotes. I don’t want to type with straight quotes and then have to fix them all later. I use a lot of dialogue. Also, – is not turning into em dash. Does anyone know how to turn it back on?

I’m super late on a deadline for a book. If I type on Google docs, it has curly quotes, so it’s not my computer. If I type on any document on Dabble, even a previous book, I don’t have curly quotes. I don’t want to have to fix it all later. In fact, if I can’t fix this, I can’t even fix it.

I checked all settings. Seriously, this is urgent. I need to finish drafting a book this week. If anyone can help me, please let me know what to do.

1 Like

This is happening to me too (along with other glitches like ending up at the bottom of the page when I try to scroll up)! Super frustrating!

1 Like

I am also having this problem after the latest update earlier today. Any sort of fix would be much appreciated!

1 Like

The solution I found is to type on Google Docs and paste it on Dabble. I can’t say how much it sucks. Another solution is to use keyboard shortcuts for curly quotes, but no way I’ll be able to draft and think about fancy key combinations.

What am I going to do for editing? Copy the scenes on word/Google docs, edit, then copy them again? This is a nightmare. For reference, I need to finish this draft this Saturday or Sunday the latest.

I wasn’t having the problem until this morning. I contacted support about it…

1 Like

It only started last night for me. I had written during the day without any issues. I also contacted support but I was hoping someone would have a handy solution. So far, it’s typing on Google Docs for me.

1 Like

It’s back to normal. I don’t know what happened. I’m thankful it got fixed.

1 Like