Craft your story

Dabble Community

[Bug Report] Excluded words did not set for NaNo

Hi Jacob,

I am using the desktop version of Dabble on a Lenovo ThinkPad P52s, with Windows 10 Pro. I had a box pop up this morning that offered to set my excluded words to my current word count, which is great! Unfortunately it didn’t actually set the excluded words, and when I went in they were zero’ed out, which is weird because I had previously excluded my current word count in anticipation of NaNo starting up. It also didn’t have my goals set up properly after I’d already set the goals up the day before. It just plain wasn’t initialized – I say this because it wasn’t giving me “today’s goal” info until I went in and set up the goal again.

I’m super pumped about NaNo integration, by the way! I can’t stand the NaNo website, but I want to keep my word counts updated for archiving purposes. So it’s a big selling point to have my word processor handle all that for me. :smile:

1 Like

Hmmm. It seems to actually be resetting my goal occasionally, usually when I go idle and reload. I then have to go in and re-initialize my goal. That might be the actual problem here and not the “set excluded words” dialogue.

Also, it hasn’t synced successfully with the NaNo website yet, and I’ve been writing for a few hours – I’m not sure how often it’s supposed to sync, so this may or may not be a bug?

2 Likes

Same thing here! I’m not seeing a sync, so was wondering if it was on some sort of schedule.

1 Like

@Naadlie, @Catherine, I’ve just released an update (v2.0.69) which should fix the goal settings. Please let me know if you see anything resetting after this update. And thank you for reporting it!

2 Likes

Hi Jacob,

The bug seemed to be fixed, but then I switched projects, worked on my side project for a little while, and then switched back to my camp project. That seems to have wiped the goal again. :joy: Sorry!

Also, I found that it reset my word counter to zero on the NaNo website. (It reported 1,210 first, then reported -1,210.) I was able to delete out the updated word count, but I thought I would let you know that that happened. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you again – both for being so responsive, and for producing a quality product. Dabble is really fun to use. :smile:

1 Like

Alright @Naadlie, let’s try one more time. v2.0.71