Craft your story

Dabble Community

Catagorise Your Different Projects

Hi, I’m a big fan of Dabble and since I’ve started using it I’ve not lost nearly as many ideas and I’ve been able to keep focus with the as well… The only probllem is the current user interface when you log into the writer is cluttered, I title most of my projects but I also use Dabble to store idea’s it would be great if there was a way to split projects up into Genre or Fiction/Non-Fiction etc.

2 Likes

You should throw that up on the feature requests:

https://dabble.featureupvote.com/ so we can all lend a voice to that particular aspect. Organization of projects would be nice, but I don’t think it’ll ever fit everyone’s needs. The ability to sort them instead of having most recent on top would be nice too.

1 Like

By now I have 16 projects in the start screen and I wouldn’t mind being able to define each row as a subcategory. It could show the last two-three projects worked on and have an option to unfold more if needed (and fade out other categories).
In any case, I usually keep all my ideas in a single project and work on them there before deciding if it becomes a separate project :slight_smile: .

My categories so far would be

• Shorts
  • Novels (actually: Attempts :sweat_smile:)
  • Templates
  • Craft (where I keep prompts, advice etc.)
3 Likes

Even just having a ‘Genre’ option perhaps that shows on the projects where they appear on the title screen, then you could classify it as Fantasy/Fiction/Non-Fiction/Idea or something like that.

2 Likes