Chat with support not working

Help! I’m trying to chat with support cause I’ve got weird things going on with my word count on the nano site… but the “chat with support button” isn’t working. I even turned my pop up blocker on, I have no idea what’s going on. I’m using Chrome and any other time I’ve chatted with support, I used chrome.

My NaNoWriMo word count keeps increasing when I refresh the site, but like WAY beyond my actual word count?? on my dabble project it says I have 48,522 words written as of 11:33am eastern time, and according to the nano site, I have 54,032 as of 11:33am eastern time, so I just refreshed the nano site and apparently I have 54,043 now at 11:43am eastern. I did not update my words in dabble. I can manually put in my words… but this is all quite weird. And also I “won” before I won, which kind of takes the fun out of it lol but whatever.

Help!!

1 Like

I’m replying three hours after you posted. The support button is working and the bot replied as usual. Try again?

Update support works, Jacob just replied to a note.

Your NaNoWriMo page shows you’ve written 218,641 words in your Love, Again manuscript. Given that NaNoWriMo is running a brand new site, I would not shocked if there is a web bug or two.

Go grab your certificate and congratulations on winning NaNoWriMo 2019.

1 Like

Looks like chat with support is working again. Not sure what happened earlier.

Uh. That word count is very very wrong. I wrote 50,002 according to dabble.

So just went in, changed my NaNo page to 50002 words, disconnected Dabble from my NaNo project, refreshed my NaNo page and my word count didn’t change. But when I reconnected my Dabble account, wrote 4 words and refreshed Dabble, refreshed the nano page, and now it says my word count is 52,431. soo I thought it’d be worth mentioning.

I’ll message this to support.

1 Like

Message received. I’m not sure if it is an issue with the last day, or if they changed something recently and introduced a bug. I’ve let them know, but I doubt it will be fixed today. At least the count is over and will still recognize wins. :smiley: There is a checkbox at the top of NaNoWriMo settings to stop sending the word count, so you can stay registered but turn it off for this last day if needed. There have been 4-5 people with this issue, but not everyone. I’m not sure why.

There has been a bug this month that has had changing word counts on the NaNo site itself. Not certain if this is what you’re experiencing. I’ve found that when it happens to me, if you just overwrite your word count it fixes it. You can also edit your word count by day now, if you’d prefer to fix it that way.

1 Like