Comments

Hi there,

I am completely new to Dabble, so, my apologies if this has been dealt with before.

Anybody familiar with Scrivener knows that you can attach comments to a specific word. So, for example, I might attach a comment such as “Expand this later” to a particular sentence, or “Check with editor if this is acceptable”. Is there any way to do this in Dabble? I know you have Scene Notes, but if I’m not mistaken, that’s for a whole scene and does not reference any particular part of the scene.

Thanks for any help provided!

2 Likes

Not yet, but it is something we will be adding. I don’t have a time on that though.

1 Like

Thanks! It became a big part of my workflow on Scrivener, so I’ll keep an eye out for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there by any chance any update on this a year later?
I’m also looking to find out how Dabble users (who must surely use this functionality regularly in other apps) work around it without losing their flow regularly.

Any tips gratefully received :grinning:

1 Like

I use the plotting notes on the right hand side to attach my comments to a scene. It does not attach to a word, however I can copy paste the sentence in if I need the reference. Usually my posts like this are entitled something like REMEMBER and then the thing that I want to remember, expand on, etc.

2 Likes

Comments will be part of our co-authoring release, though they will not be limited to the Premium plan like co-authoring will be.

2 Likes

YAY! Very good news - Thanks Jacob that would be game-changing for me - I love Dabble but I do really struggle without the comment feature. Do we have any idea when that release is coming? And no, obviously I don’t expect a hard and fast answer. Just wondering might it be months, years or ice ages - you know just a general sense of the timing …?

2 Likes

I hope this gives you a general idea. This is what Jacob said about a week ago. @Linzi

2 Likes

Thanks so much - that gives me the happies :dancer:
Seriously, brilliant news and thanks for taking the time to share the heads up that I’d missed EcrivainedelExpresso

2 Likes

It’s fine. I don’t know if you’re on Nanowrimo but that’s a bit more active than here and you’d prolly find the answer on there as well.

2 Likes