Craft your story

Dabble Community

Copy and Paste into Dabble

Hi-my name is Georgiana and I am from Long Island, NY.

I wrote a story in Pages and copied the work. How do I paste it into Dabble? Or do I have to type directly into Dabble?

Thanks for any help.

2 Likes

You will have to copy each scene/chapter into dabble by hand. We do not at present have an import. It is one of the things on Jacob’s long list of features.

3 Likes

If it were possible for @jacob to add feature that says “Split into two chapters at this point” and “Split into two scenes at this point” it would go a long way to addressing the missing import feature.

2 Likes

For clarity, you don’t have to copy by retyping it, you can copy using your computer’s built-in copy-paste features. Which means specifically:

• create a chapter in Dabble
  • select all the text in one chapter in Pages with your text cursor
  • copy the selected text, press Ctrl C to copy it (or Cmd C if you are on Mac)
  • place the cursor into the body of the chapter in Dabble (below the “Chapter X” heading)
  • paste the chapter’s text into Dabble, press Ctrl V (or Cmd V on Mac)
  • repeat for each chapter

This may help some individuals. If you already know how to do all this, ignore. :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG! I’m from Long Island too!

I didn’t think I would ever come across a writer on here from the same area as me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

WOW! Neither did I. But, Dabble did not work out for me and I cancelled the subscription.

Are you participating in NaNoRiMo

1 Like

That’s fine, yeah I’m being a rebel this year and doing a series of shorts and also counting academic words cause I have a lot of essays due in November. I figured it would ease my stress if I counted all of my words fiction and academic. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like