Craft your story

Dabble Community

Copy Novels?

Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to copy a Novel. I set one up as a template (3 act, 27 chapter method) and planned to copy it each time I started one of my new series books, and didn’t realize I couldn’t duplicate it as a new novel.

Other than that feature, this has worked so great for me. I use it on my laptop, desktop and my S5e tablet. I have yet to have a problem.

Before this, I always used WritewayPro and loved it, until it became non supported. They give it away now, but it can’t be used on a higher resolution screen, like a 35 inch. After I got a bigger screen and couldn’t use it, I tried Scrivener. I watched the youtube videos and online tutorials, but I didn’t realize until after I purchased it that the Windows version is sadly lacking the Mac version features. It looks like Windows 3.1 windows and there are no project or daily goals, which I use constantly. There are probably a lot of other differences, but I didn’t get any further than the ‘goals’ before I knew it wouldn’t work for me.

Thank you for such a great way to write from anywhere. It makes my brain feel more organized to have everything available in front of me, instead of struggling with different files.

2 Likes

Hej Sherri,

there is no duplicate function yet, but @Jacob knows that’s one of the most wanted smaller features. You can check out the roadmap to get an idea what features are to be completed next and which are farther in the future.
Also, there is a separate feature upvote page where you can cast your vote, discuss and suggest upcoming features.

Great to have you here and happy noveling!

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply.

I did check out the roadmap from your link. A lot of things are planned. Exciting!

2 Likes

I’m a little late to the party, so it may not be much help, but if you reach out to Jacob through Chat with Support he might be able to duplicate your template a few times on his end :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this up. I will upvote this feature, as I needed it just yesterday.

1 Like

Thank you, @Tori. I’ll do that!

And thank you for the upvote, @Peadar_O_Guilin!

3 Likes