Dabble for IPad

Hello,
Is dabble available for IPad? I use my IPad to write alot, and I’ve been looking for it in the Apple store with no luck. Also, I can’t use it on any of the browsers on my IPad. Is it available for one of their browsers.
Deartra

4 Likes

Dabble is not yet available for any mobile device.

Jacob is currently working on that as his next big project

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer. I can’t wait to use it on my IPad. Wish Jacob good luck for me.

2 Likes

Wanted to reply to see if Jacob can give an update on the status of this. I mainly use an iPad for writing so I’m anxiously awaiting being able to use the full Dabble experience on my iPad.

1 Like

Dabble actually works on iPad to a degree. The main issues are the scrunched space, and clicking on things in the left-hand nav can drag-drop them if you drag instead of tap.

I’ve started some work on mobile now. I’m not sure if it will be done by the end of the year, but I should have more to update you during or after November/NaNoWriMo.

3 Likes

This is great to know. I recently moved over to an ipad for 100% of my writing. Keeping my subscription in dabble because I love it so much but cannot wait to be able to use it fully again.

1 Like

I hate to necro an old post, but has there been any progress since last year on an iPad/Mobile app for this? I have the windows App - which is great for the PC. But an iPad app would greatly increase the value of my subscription to Dabble (I’ve just subscribed for a year). It’s not a deal breaker, but it certainly would be easier.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I don’t have an iPad to specifically test, but it works fine on my phone (great for quick notes that come to mind during boring meetings, er, I mean during the day). I use the Chrome browser, but I believe that it is setup to work on other browsers on most sized devices.

1 Like

You can install it via the browser. It typically will ask you if you want to download it.

1 Like

This should help!

So I see that we are now able to move it to our iPad’s and phones via the add the “add to home screen” feature, but I’m so far only finding that on safari and that browser doesn’t work all that well on my iPad so I was wondering if there was any other way I could download it? Also, I was wondering if it’ll still work offline since the desktop shortcut just opens up my browser anyways?