Indent
Large gray open quote in front of the quote
Larger font.
Switch to italics.
No close quote.

Is that what is supposed to happen?

1 Like

yes, it’s beautiful, no? :nerd_face:
I used it in my writing when a character wrote a letter.
For dialogues, I continue to just write “…” in the text flow.

1 Like

It’s a stylistic way to highlight something in your text. Likely you (or your publisher) will restyle this in some way consistent with your book when it is time to share it with the world.

1 Like

Yep! I use it for prompts on shorter pieces or for a brief premise. It can also be used for like a quote/inspiration/header like you might see in certain books before a chapter.

2 Likes

Full disclosure: I DID get high-resolution images of quotation marks from wikipedia Quotation_DEoben_grau Quotation_DEunten_grau
and put those into my book similar to what Dabble does … I DID add closing quotes, though :smiley: .

THAT’s how neat I think this is! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for this information. I am trying to figure out how to punctuate my novel which is pretty dialog heavy…trying to figure out how to get rid of many of the “she said’s”…

1 Like

When it comes to speech though, I like to use said more than anything else because your brain just kind of glosses over it when you’re reading. It’s really neat when you realise that and then catch yourself doing it when reading!

That being said, I do speed read, which may contribute to how I gloss over words.

1 Like