Craft your story

Dabble Community

Grammarly in Dabble

Hi all
How can I get Grammarly to run in Dabble?
Thanks

1 Like

At the moment you can’t. However, Pro Writing Aid is integrated into the system. You would need to enable it from the Preferences.

I don’t know if Grammarly will be included I don’t know @Jacob has said one way or another.

1 Like

Grammarly doesn’t work because (incoming technical explanation) Dabble uses iframes to contain each of the left pane, right pane, and mid sections of Dabble. This greatly increases performance since the browser will go through the entire document whenever there is a change in order to re-layout and display the page. By separating into iframes, only the contents of the iframe will be processed. So when you type, each node in your story in that left pane doesn’t have to be calculated, making typing performance much better.

We will continue to work on performance and perhaps be able to get rid of the iframes eventually, allowing us to support grammarly and the prowritingaid plugin.

Hi
Thanks for the info…
If I have the premium version of pro writing aid will it give all the features inside dabble?
Thanks
PS
I love the programme, it’s really really useful and easy to use

Change is in your hands.

1 Like

And here I thought we had an SPA (but it’s 3 pages min lol… my mind is trying to go over the implications)

1 Like

I don’t think your prowriting aids account will work. We aren’t logging in, so I’m assuming it’s using whatever default api is set up with Jacob’s developer account. BUT I’ve not integrated PWA into any apps before so not sure.

1 Like

It is actually a single-page-app that creates iFrames and fills them with the HTML they need. The “app” functions in the main window and I have a component called which renders a child component. It all runs in one process and program and simply uses the iframes as containers. Pretty nifty huh?

It provides the same spell-check and grammar checking, but Dabble doesn’t use your account (so not your personalized dictionary) and it doesn’t give access within Dabble to all the fancy reports that PWA does. You will have to copy-paste things into PWA for the extra reports.

very interesting concept.

1 Like

I’m going to go take a coding class now. Just to understand this. Thank you.

1 Like