I Can Critique Your Book

Greetings, fellow writers!

If you have a novel that needs critiquing, I can offer my assistance (free of charge)! Just send me the first chapter and I’ll get to work!

Let me know if you’d like a brutally honest critique (or else I’ll just go soft). If you’d like me to simply proofread your work, I can do that as well.

I’ll critique most genres of fiction but, preferably, those of the fantasy genre. I will NOT critique memoirs or any non-fiction (sorry).

If you do send me your work, please don’t be offended. I know receiving criticism is hard, but in the long run, it’ll be worth it. I will be respectfully critiquing and will understand if you don’t want to take my suggestions.

Anyways, I look forward to reading your chapter(s) and lending my advice!

Happy writing!

4 Likes

Hello, thanks for the offer. If you look in the work in progress section. I posted the first part of chapter 1 of The Dragon Isabella. Please be honest and let me know what you think.

1 Like

In the work in progress section, I posted the first five chapters of my middle grade book, Rain Spirit

1 Like

Can you help me as will

Can you help me to

1 Like

@Aryane_Davari Alright, I’ll check it out as soon as I can! :wink:

@Dan Sure, I’ll check it out!

@Robert_Smith Of course. Where can I find it? Or are you going to directly message it to me?

The is colled Anneballa

Got it, thanks. Right now I’m reviewing “The Dragon Isabella” and “Rain Spirit”, but I’ll get to yours as soon as I can.

Hi haw are if you are interested wood you like to bo something for Ukraine with me and other people on her can mesige other people on her see if thay Wood to help us will be good

Sorry @Dan, @Robert_Smith, and @Aryane_Davari. I got distracted with life and forgot to finish critiquing your work. I’m going to get back to it ASAP!

Would you be able to critique my first chapter of Abled kids, I’ve posted it in the progress section.
thanks!

1 Like

Can you find a publisher for me please

1 Like

Hi @Robert_Smith, there are a few ways to get your book published. You could try self-publishing, partnering with a literary agent, or a publishing company.

Self-publishing is by far the easiest for budding authors, but not necessarily an easy way to gain popularity. You would have to do much of the marketing yourself.

Finding a literary agent that accepts your book can be difficult and expensive. But they will be able to find a publisher for you, which takes the weight off of your shoulders.

Getting a publishing company to accept your work may be tough. They can be very picky. Even J.K. Rowling’s “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” was rejected at first. However, once published through a company, your work will gain popularity with much less effort put in by you.

Whichever you choose, you may experience some unexpected challenges. It’s just up to you to decide which fits your goal.

Here are ways to self-publish:

Amazon - Easy process, but can be hard to promote your book.

Apple Books - Very easy process, but, generally, doesn’t draw in too many readers (you’ll have to do a lot of self-promoting through other platforms).

Wattpad - Very simple process, relatively easy to build a fanbase (self-promoting is still necessary).

Here are ways to publish through a company:

Blaze Vox Books - Good for new authors

Quirk Books - Good for new authors

There are many, many more to choose from. Just do some research, figure out what you want, write a great synopsis, edit it thoroughly, and don’t give up! Good luck!

Hi @Sara_Wolf, I’ve been very busy lately and haven’t completed critiquing the other books submitted. I’ve also been more active on Story Craft Café than Dabble. I will contact you when I am able to critique your work. I’m so sorry about that!

Thank you so much for your help

1 Like

@Robert_Smith Any time :wink:

Would you be willing to critique it after I get it done with the editor?