Craft your story

Dabble Community

Minor question - any way to 'refresh' the Dabble Windows taskbar icon?

Super minor question – is there any way to refresh the Dabble icon in the Windows taskbar when it’s installed? Mine has gone to what looks like a generic ‘progressive web app’ icon and has been stuck this way for about three months.

Things I’ve tried:

• Uninstalling the app via Chrome (the ‘Uninstall Dabble’ address bar option) and reinstalling it
  • Waiting for a Dabble update
  • Rebooting the PC
  • Updating Chrome
  • Add/Remove Program in Windows (not applicable, prog. web apps don’t install that way)

Things I haven’t tried yet:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome

Screenshot (Dabble is on the far right):

1 Like

Hmmmm… Did you try clearing your cache?

You MIGHT be able to go into the service in the dev tools and reset the service. I don’t know if that changes the icon or not.

I’d have to look up how to do that exactly.

1 Like

Good shout! Tried it, but no luck.

Didn’t try resetting the service – found a little workaround for now. I’ve changed my primary browser from Chrome to Vivaldi, and figured out how to turn on ‘install web apps’ in that, and the icon is working with that.

I’m still curious about the Chrome problem though so I’d welcome any suggestions – but for now I’ll mark this thread as fixed.

EDIT: Not actually sure I can edit the original post title or body to mark it as fixed, woops! But yeah, I have a workaround for now which is using a different browser.

1 Like