Craft your story

Dabble Community

Mobile App

I want to know where can I download the app for mobile. The only instructions that I found are for creating a quick access to the web app.
And thats not the same that an mobile app. Is there any app for mobile? So I can work offline on my phone or tablet? or not.

1 Like

technically there is no actual mobile app (like one to download from an app store) the quick access to the web app basically acts as a mobile app. You can use it offline, I’ve used it offline before and it works fine.

2 Likes

Many companies wrap their web app in a native app container to deliver them to customers via the app stores. They download and work similar to a fully native app, but they are built mostly with web technology. We haven’t done this because it is faster to download and easier to update a Progressive Web App the way we do it now. We are betting on this technology and believe it will become more common in the future.

Because Dabble supports offline use in the web app, we haven’t felt it was necessary to go the native route. In addition to the slower download/update, Apple and Google want to take 30% of the subscription fees of customers which will increase the price of Dabble. It isn’t to say we won’t ever do this, if it makes sense, but we will want to make sure it is the best decision overall before we do. The benefits have to outweigh bigger downloads, slower updates, and higher subscription costs.

I hope that makes sense. We will continue to improve the mobile experience either way.