Craft your story

Dabble Community

NaNo Pop up

Is there anyway to disable the NaNo pop up from popping up EVERY single time you load the screen if you don’t want to sign up? My Alpha reader is annoyed at the account doing that lol.

2 Likes

There sure is! Click the button on the popup. :smile: Probably people are just click on the X at the top to get rid of it without reading. I suppose I could just show the popup once.

I’m releasing an update to only show the popup once. Probably a lot of people are annoyed.

lol. That’s a pretty big button! Geez. I guess I should have read the box myself I just closed it too. But I was only there to check the payment to see if I was near end of the year or not.

1 Like

A procrastinator like me needs routine encouragement so the NanoWriMo reminder is not in the slightest bit an annoyance. Indeed it’s a critical reminder that:

November is coming

:smile:

4 Likes

I don’t even know what this pop up is for. Obviously, it’s Nano which I haven’t even begun to think about. But I figured, okay, I’ll subscribe and I get an ERROR my username and password are incorrect. No they’re not. So what do I do?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Tracy, you need to log in using your NaNo details under the Sync with NaNo part, is that what you’re using? You’ll also need to have a November project set up on the NaNo site to link to.

2 Likes

Oh, I get it now. And today I’m not getting the pop-up.

Thanks!

2 Likes

No problem :grin:

2 Likes

How often does it update the word count once Nano starts? Is it every hour or is it by the end of the day? If I manually add the word count will it glitch or something?

1 Like

frequently. I think it’s when you pause while typing for X mins I don’t know the time frame though.

2 Likes

Okay, thank you.

1 Like

They’ve asked me to slow it down from every time you pause. It now saves every 5 minutes unless you leave Dabble (switch to another window or close it) then it will send the latest count immediately. Hopefully, this helps on their website when you load up the list of saves so it doesn’t crash.

No, but next time you write in Dabble it will send the newest word count and overwrite anything you change manually. So if you have words from an outside source, you might want to copy-paste them into a throw-away scene in Dabble to track them. Or you can pause the word count submission at the top of the NaNoWriMo settings in Dabble if it isn’t working out.

3 Likes

Okay, thanks.

1 Like

So dabble is throwing up a total document word count, not the this is how many since the last send? (just clarifying for my own sanity)

2 Likes

Dabble sends the current total.

2 Likes