NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month - Who’s doing it?

Hello all,

Who here is participating in NaNoWriMo?

I am.

Good luck to all who are doing it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Eh, maybe I’ll do it on my own. I plan to make a comeback in 2025.

4 Likes

I will be doing it. Not sure if I’m gonna be a rebel or to write a story

4 Likes

I’m in, but can we not talk about it for another month or so … ? :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

5 Likes

I’m in too, I’m LInziD over there if anyone wants to connect.

I’ve wanted to do it for almost 20 years but November was never a month I could take time away from work. Now that I’m semi-retired I’ve finally found my courage and some time freedom.

I’m also trying to work out if there is anything I need to do to connect my dabble account to my wrimo account for word count purposes - if anyone knows and can point me in the right direction - I’d be very grateful :dancer:

Also if anyone wants any inspiration author Ilona Andrews is doing a fabulous short blog series coaching a new writer through her worldbuilding for NaNoWriMo

7 Likes

That functionality probably will show up around NaNo time. I think Octoberish.

It will have a pop up when its available for November. (for camp it’s not a popup but is available)

You can also find it under the person (account) icon to connect them. It is currently not available – October ish I think it will show up.

5 Likes

Thanks AJ - That’s helpful, one less thing to think about for now :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m doing it! I’ve had this book idea since April and I’m so excited to finally put it into action :smiley:

6 Likes

Heck yeah

and good luck to you as well :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I am participating this year. Let’s see how far I get.

4 Likes

I’m participating this year - I’m using October to prep character arcs and a bullet point plot-line - then November I am going to complete 50k …

5 Likes

souns great. I’m working on character profiles right now. I’ll move on to scene’s to write a bit later, Last month I was doing the partial snowflake method I use.

3 Likes

Hey if anyone wants to chat come here!

2 Likes

I’m doing it for the third year straight. I’m retired now (from a 40+ year career in journalism, and this is good discipline. The writing load is easy compared to my former career, and I’m enjoying the heck out of doing something creative.

7 Likes

Hi Linzi and all… me too, I am doing Nanowrimo again this year. Dabble makes it really easy to link your Nano account, did you get it worked out by now? I have tried Scrivener and Ulysses and Dabble is by far my favorite!

I have done Nano 5 times and each time has been a learning experience. Several times I made it to 50 K but even without the 50K, I found out what I am capable of. I never thought I could write a " book", first drafts though they are.
When I re read them now I find nuggets of surprises , phrases and such , and I wonder how did I think of that? Not that I am so great, what I mean is, the flow of that creative spirit can come forth when I write with out judgement. Next I have to learn how to edit and polish what I have written .

3 Likes

I’m doing it. I have my idea registered and announced and I’m waiting to start tomorrow. I am a planner, so I have a whiteboard full of the story ideas and the character and world information. It’s my first one. We shall see how it goes.

5 Likes

Unable to link by account with NaNo, but yes, I am doing it

1 Like

I started yesterday. A few days behind but hey, I work best under pressure lol

4 Likes

I am doing it, and I am almost done! I am actually pretty successful!

2 Likes

Ok - I’ve written everyday - and done way too much editing and revising. This means I’ve still got 36,659 words left to write …

So, it’s the taking part that counts, right?

Not just the winning …

Next year …

3 Likes