Craft your story

Dabble Community

New Plot Line?

I feel so stupid to ask this, but I don’t seem to be able to create a new Plot Line. I’m using a manuscript plot grid, and somehow I was able to add one plot line. But I cannot make a second!

If, in the left-hand panel, I select the big plus sign to at the top of the panel, “Add New Plot Line” is grayed out. If I click on the plot title for my book, right above the two plot lines that are there now (the one for scenes, and the one that I was able to create initially), “Add New Plot Line” is grayed out. If I click (left or right-click) anywhere in the grid area, nothing happens—no context menu, no pop-ups, no plus signs, nothing. Clicking on the words already there do nothing more than open a card already there.

What in the world am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Click a card in the new column and it’ll create you a new one.

I had to remember how to do this myself lol. HOW do that, took me a second lol.

1 Like

Hey Craig,

This is happening because you are on the Basic plan which does not include plot grid or story notes support. These things are still visible because if you previously added things on another plan or during the trial we don’t want to remove them completely from you, but those sections are in read-only mode.

To get access, you can upgrade your account to the Standard plan at any time. There are some writers who only want the manuscript features and goals, so we made the Basic plan for those individuals.

1 Like

Click a card in the new column and it’ll create you a new one.

I had to remember how to do this myself lol. HOW do that, took me a second lol.

Different subs gonna make the help a little more difficult it seems.

1 Like

Thanks. I should have read up on that more thoroughly.

1 Like

I should have added more info within Dabble indicating what/why features are disabled. That is on my endless TODO list. :smiley: Sorry Craig!

1 Like

The endless todo list much like laundry :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why not add a subtle tool tip to Dabble? This is an affordance that lets the writer discover features available, what they do, and how to upgrade to get more features. Just be sure that the tool tip is pleasant and not repeated so often that it annoys the writer.

1 Like