No Chapter Indication in Plot

So one thing that threw me for a loop is there is no indication of Chapters in the Plot Grid. My NaNo novel takes place on multiple worlds at multiple time points. Each world/time point I entered as a "subplot"in the plot grid and set up all the scenes. When I got to the end of what I envisioned as Chapter 1 and went to set up Chapter 2 and moved the scenes in the left hand menu and went pack to the plot grid it looked like my plot point index cards had vanished. But no, they were at the bottom of the grid so the scenes seemed like they were out of order with no indication that was a new chapter. Had to spend an hour or so creating chapters and dragging scenes around to get the plot grid to look right again. No idea what happens if I now move the plot point cards around in the plot grid. Serious weakness. Should be able to click on a Scene in the left menu and select something like “Make this scene first scene in a new chapter” OR maybe some kind of Right Click option with the mouse.

2 Likes

@Edward_Hunter this is something we mean to improve. We have a lot of plot grid improvements slated for next year. Until then, you’ll have to use the left pane to manage scene in Chapters (or the Manuscript view which lets you insert chapter breaks between chapters more easily).

2 Likes

Once I figured out what was happening I was able to create my chapters and rearrange things in the left pane which put the scenes back in order in the Plot Grid. Manuscript view would have made that process easier, now I know moving forward.
Thanks

2 Likes