Quotations

“The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this notion rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn’t require any.”
- Russel Baker

“When you’re a student of poetry, you’re lucky if you don’t realize how untalented you are until you get a little better. Otherwise you would just stop.”
- Tony Hoagland (Editor)

4 Likes

“A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.”
― Richard Bach

7 Likes

“Before I start a project, I always ask myself the following question. Why is this book worth a year of my life? There needs to be something about the theme, the technique, or the research that makes the time spent on it worthwhile.”
- David Morrel

1 Like

“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.”
- Oscar Wilde

2 Likes

“No one else sees the world the way you do, so no one else can tell the stories that you have to tell.” – Charles de Lint

3 Likes

My soul has been crushed.

~Écrivaine de l’Expresso

1 Like

While looking for something different, (isn’t that always the way?) I found some wonderful Pratchett quotes on writing.It might be nice to include one as a memorial for pterry :grinning:

Writing is the most fun you can have by yourself

I used to like reading and if you read enough books and you overflow and then you start writing

What I’ve always said was, hang in there, let me write what I want to write, and you’ll probably like it

There are times when the best writing you can do is to go for a walk or drive, a long drive is ideal.

The first draft is just you telling yourself the story.

3 Likes

I just realized…your username is French, right? Does it mean…Espresso Writer? Writer Of The Espresso? I’m lost. :confused: But I like it! :grin:

1 Like

Lol, yeah.

Writer of/from the Espresso if you want to put it literally.

1 Like

Oh yes I feel that. How would one write without it? :rofl:

2 Likes

OMG! I just logged on and saw this one. I’m off to smile for the rest of the evening :smiley:

5 Likes