Dabble was built to be flexible and support different types of projects. I would be interested to learn more about what a short story format would look like and what tools you would need (and not need) for it.
Other project types I would like to add to Dabble in the future are:
- Writing Journal — a project that gives you random writing prompts and exercises to complete every day to get your brain going. Hopefully it can help with writer’s block as well.
- Non-fiction — more tools for attributions, callouts, images, etc.
- Screenplays — would be great to write screenplays in Dabble
- Thesis — for writing that dissertation you need to finish for school
- General — a project for notes, random thoughts, etc
And don’t fear, those who might be worried about Dabble’s novel experience if it expands. Even if we support all these, someday, eventually, down the road, in the distant future, each project type has unique code and data handling, so writing novels will remain as easy as it is today.