Spaces between words are wonky

When I hit the space bar, nothing happens. Then when I type a letter, the space appears AND the new letter appears AFTER my cursor.

Is anybody having the same problem. It isn’t happening in my other programs or on other sites, so I doubt it is my keyboard. It isn’t even happening in this community site. Only when typing in Dabble Writer. I’ve also tried restarting my computer and unplugging/plugging in my kepboard.

1 Like

Update. It isn’t happening in a story note. Nor is it happening in other scenese. Just one particular scene. I’m going to try and copy that test, paste it in Notepad to clean it up, then paste it into a new scene.

1 Like

The cut, paste into notepad, then cut and paste into the document didn’t work.

More clairification. It only happens after a period. It also happened when I did a return.

HOWEVER, it is only happening around the same area. If I do it elsewhere in the scene, I seem to be okay.

1 Like

You might want to get in touch with jacob in app. Sounds like soemthing he might need to look at while you are doing it.

Did you try deleting that scene and creating a new scene and pasting in the text from notepad?

1 Like

That is exactly what I did and it did not work.

But I retyped the paragraph and deleted the original. Things are fine now.

2 Likes

If you still have the scene, I’d delete it to your trash and see tell Jacob in app chat, it might be some bug he can only catch with some weird circumstances that happened to you it might help him figure out what was going on if he can pull that fragment out and test with it. Just a thought.

1 Like

I’ve noticed that I’ll finish a sentence with a period. Go one space to start the next is fine. But if I want to go more than one space, I can’t. I took it that the system is set up for the single space between sentences and nothing beyond that. Why that is, I don’t know, but it hasn’t posed a problem. I’ve never needed to go more than one space after a period. I don’t mean to cloud the issue if this isn’t what you are referring to.

1 Like

It’s actually a feature and can be disabled in the preferences.

To disable it, go to preferences and disable “Prevent Extra Spaces”.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s right. I remember. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you had to do that. It sounds like there was a bad text character in your document that Dabble wasn’t working with well. Like those box characters you see sometimes in text that don’t render well. These characters can be invisible sometimes too. If you (@Bill_Bittner) let me know what scene it was in, I may be able to go back and find out what was wrong with it and make a fix in Dabble for that as well. You can let me know the scene in support chat for your privacy.

3 Likes