Craft your story

What are your current goals?

Just trying to motivate myself! :joy: /selfish
My current goal is to finish 5 chapters of my new project by the end of the month. Do you have any current writing or editing goals?

1 Like

Camp NaNoWriMo is coming up. So my current goal is to hold back for two more weeks :smiley:

Okay, I’m doing some prepping on a novel that I haven’t worked on for a while, trying to shape characters further before diving back into action.

In general, I put a 5k words/month (1250 words/week) goal to keep it going, but I am not having much time next to my day job. :frowning:

On a light note, I just sent off a manuscript for self-publishing. Hope to see it in stores in a week or so. :+1:

3 Likes

That’s really exciting! Congratulations Chris!

My goal at the moment is to finish this re-write before Camp… 12 chapters left to go, in 12 days. I might be a very, very busy bee for a while! :sweat_smile:

Then I’ll be editing for Camp.

1 Like

I joined a Facebook Group called 24 in 12 and it’s a group with the writing goal of finishing 24 manuscripts in 12 months. They’re all about writing faster and better. I’m disabled and no longer have a day job. I’m also old and my kids are grown, so my only distraction is my husband and he’s one of my beta readers. Thus far in 2019, I’ve published 2 manuscripts, written a 3rd that I’m editing, and plotted out two more. I doubt I’ll reach 24 manuscripts this year, but 15 maybe. Writing Westerns for the most part now, but need to get back to my Black Bayou Witches in Louisiana and my Barnwood Builders. Book 2 there is one I already have plotted.

2 Likes

This is INCREDIBLE! Such an inspiration … I am exhausted after NaNoWriMo and that’s just one big thing in the year :slight_smile: .

0 Likes

@Lori_Holmes That sounds exhausting just thinking about! But good for you! 15 manuscripts will still be a massive accomplishment.

1 Like