What's Dabbles default book size?

Is there a way to set Dabble to a specific size? I would like to see my writing in a 6x9 format since it’s the most popular.

1 Like

Not at present. There is only text options. Size isn’t available yet. You can add the suggestion or up vote an existing one.

https://dabble.featureupvote.com/

1 Like

Odd. It uses some sort of page format because it told me I had written fifteen pages. When I was writing in another program as a 6x9 page it was only ten. I just wish I knew what the default was.

2 Likes

@Jacob could tell you the size he set it as. I do not know what he’s using (at least not at this moment). I’d suspect it’s about 300 words per page. But I won’t swear to that.

2 Likes

Just did a test. It is calculated by using 250 words/per page.

2 Likes

Which means the page format is for a 5x8 paperback. Okay, that makes a lot of sense. I wonder why that was chosen over the more popular 6x9. Hmm, good to know.

2 Likes

Font size and word choice determines what size page 250 words will fit on. The genres I read in tend to be trade paperback and 6x9 and the variety of font sizes is astounding. Some I read fine and some I need my cheaters.

1 Like

Because there are so many formats for books, I did a little online research and learned (and we know the internet is always right :wink:) that the average word count per page is 250. It didn’t matter if it was paperback or hardcover. For larger hardcover books, the font is larger as well, so it works out the same.

Some books will have fewer words per page if they have a lot of dialogue, some will have more if they have a lot of description, but I used an average of 250.

4 Likes

What’s with the wink? Of course it is, that’s why I’m passing biochem (jkjk, I’m passing because I love it).

1 Like