Word Count Misbehaving

Word count is misbehaving. If I cut and paste words between scenes Dabble is crediting me with more new words than I’ve actually created. I monitor my word count closely and I have targets, and this bug means I don’t know exactly how I’m doing.

Example: Today, I know I created about 700 words. Then I cut and paste some stuff from one scene to another. Then I merged two scenes. Now Dabble thinks I’ve “written” 1,900 words today. It even gave me a cheery message saying I’d met my daily target. I hadn’t.

I don’t want to have to keep manual counts.

I’m not seeing the behavior you are describing with a clean project. If you could contact support we can take a look at your project specifically and try to see what’s going on there for you.

I’ve been having word count problems the past week. My NaNoWriMo sync seems to be accurate but the Tally Across all Projects jumped by 10,000 words in one day. I thought it was because I had created another part in my novel and then deleted it. I assumed the words I had moved into the part and back were double-counted when I moved them back. But then the daily word count stayed high every day since then. Today I had 2000 words at the start of my writing before typing anything.

Word Count for today on goals is not always working as intended. I know where it’s breaking, but I haven’t found why it’s breaking. It’s an edge case I can’t replicate reliably yet. We are working on it. But the bar graph is correct, as are the counts on the status bar.

My word count is not changing on the NaNo site anymore either …
I’ve written another 500+ words since the last time it updated …
I’m assuming it will eventually correct itself ?!?

You may need to resync and reconnect to NaNo. I also had that happen to me yesterday. I logged no words despite having written.