Craft your story

Dabble Community

Word Counts For a Group of Chapters

When I am in a chapter I can see the word count for that chapter. Is there a way of getting a count for a group of chapters?

In Scrivener, for example, you can click on a chapter on the left, hold down the shift key, click on another chapter further down so that several chapters are selected. Then, you get to see how many words are in that group of chapters.

This is useful, for example, is seeing how long certain sections of your story are, or how much screen-time is given to particular characters. If it were possible to have that feature in Dabble, that would be great.

Thanks.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hej Peadar,

I am not aware of such a feature, but a workaround would be to have an empty chapter “count” ready and move (or copy) the scenes you want to check in there. You can see the accumulated word count for all scenes collected in a chapter (or part or manuscript).
If this is part of your developmental process, you could already have several such spaces prepared, e.g., for your different characters and copy new scenes into such dedicated spaces.

Sorry, if that sounds too cumbersome.

Edit: I checked the roadmap and multi-select is a planned feature.

2 Likes

Yeah, multi-select might well do it! Thanks for replying.

2 Likes