Craft your story

Dabble Community

Writing Sprints

that’s fine, I’m always willing to tryout new bots :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is a fantastic sentence! There’s a distopian/utopian story in it! :smiley:

2 Likes

Please please please someone write that story!

2 Likes

I think this would be a helpful tool. Copying/Pasting back into Dabble is fine. I use sprints to try out new ideas more than extending existing stories so it would just go into my idea project or a new project.

Maybe this could help my ability to write cleanly the first time through. Integration with spell and grammar checks would let me judge how I did on speed and accuracy for the sprint. Kind of like those typing tests, but focused on new writing.

I appreciate Dabble’s intense focus on simplicity so this idea may not work.

1 Like

I really like how sprints are implemented in Highland 2. I like it being a part of the manuscript and could be used as a scratchpad of sorts for those who want to warm up or brainstrom ideas. Why not just implement sprints into Dabble to prevent having to copy and paste? For me, I am trying to eliminate multiple apps to reduce contextual switching. Dabble has great plotting features and this would give that time pressure needed by some writers or gamification feel that others would love. If a writer doesn’t want to use it… no prob it would just sit there, but it would be a huge productivity boost to those wanting to use sprints in their workflow.

The sprints in action:

2 Likes

The reason for making it standalone is to provide the general writing community a place where everyone can join together for a sprint, whatever tool you are using. It might be integrated into Dabble eventually, but initially it would be outside of it for all to use.

Thanks for the Highland 2 vid!

1 Like